The allure of our winemaking business also lies in the location: an ancient wine warehouse built in the second decade of the twentieth century near the winery of the Marquis Antonino Starrabba who, together with the Florio and Bordonaro families, revived the wine industry after the phylloxera insect pest was eradicated.
The Sicilian nobleman set a precedent in the area, leading to the construction of other warehouses. The must was loaded directly from the cellar into the holds of sailboats through “vinodotti”, special wine ducts crossing the 800 metres of land to the sea.
The ancient warehouse that is now our winery was built by a family of Genoese merchants around 1925 and bears all the hallmarks of an era of great ferment, even after the arrival of the railway in 1935. We are active witnesses of that past, and we own and use a whole range of tools passed down by generations of local farmers.